Thursday, September 9, 2010

My Pilates Story from Elizabeth

I started doing Pilates at age 13 to supplement my ballet training. It had been recommended to me by a few of my other pre-professional ballet friends as a great way to cross-train without risking injury. Over the years, through two moves—from south Florida to New York City and then to Philadelphia (and also two summer studies in Seattle and Boston) I have always made sure to find a studio to keep up my Pilates exercises. This summer was the first one I have spent almost exclusively at home in four years, and I was worried I wouldn’t be able to find a great studio. So I am so happy to have found Pilates Health Connexion! As a young professional dancer, I find that Pilates greatly helps to strengthen all the muscles necessary to perform well, and most importantly: it never ceases to challenge me. I’m looking forward to going back to work this fall already back in shape and ready to dance!
Elizabeth Mateer

No comments:

Post a Comment